This recipe came together as a result of my kale obsession and my love for my favorite summer berry. This recipe is light and refreshing, but packed with nutrients and anti-inflammatory properties. It’ll be your favorite summer salad, I guarantee it!
But before we get to the recipe, here are some ingredient highlights.
- High in iron, which is essential to the formation of hemoglobin and enzymes as well as cell growth, proper liver function and more (Read Where is Your Liver to discover more about the importance of liver health!)
- High in vitamin K, vitamin A and vitamin C
- Filled with antioxidants, the tiny powerhouses that prevent cancers
- Is a fantastic anti-inflammatory food, which can help with arthritis and other autoimmune diseases
- Helps detox the body
This is one of my favourite foods for its ability to satisfy my palate and its nutritional value.
- Primarily contains vitamin K, vitamin C, folate, vitamin B5, vitamin B6, vitamin E and potassium
- Its potassium content is even higher than that of bananas – potassium has been known to reduce blood pressure
- Is also a source of Magnesium, Manganese, Copper, Iron, Zinc, Phosphorous, vitamin A, B1 (Thiamine), B2 (Riboflavin) and B3 (Niacin)
- Does not contain any sodium or cholesterol
- Is considered a “healthy fat” that has been linked to reducing inflammation
- Loaded with antioxidants that contribute to eye health
- Relieves arthritis symptoms
- Is a rich source of fiber, which helps keep your blood sugar levels in check and lowers your risk of heart disease
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
Strawberries are a sweet, juicy fruit and are great for adding to salads, dessert, smoothies or simply being eaten on their own. In ancient times, strawberries were used for medicinal purposes, such as relieving inflammation, fever and bad breath. Today, they’re known for providing you with even more health benefits.
- Rich in flavonoids that help reduce the risk of a heart attack
- Good source of fiber and potassium
- Contains antioxidants that fight free radicals and protect your body from developing cancer and inflammation
- Keeps your digestive health in check and minimizes constipation
- Its folate content helps prevent depression by aiding in the regular production of feel-good hormones
This natural vinegar has much to offer your health:
- Lowers blood sugar levels
- Consuming vinegar curbs your appetite, thus helping with your weight-loss goals
- Lowers cholesterol levels and reduces blood pressure
- Helps protect against deadly diseases, like cancer
Kale, Strawberry & Avocado Salad
- 1 bunch kale, stem removed and shredded
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1lb strawberries, rinsed and tops removed
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 10 – 20 drops liquid stevia
- Toss kale into a large bowl along with 1 tsp of olive oil and sea salt. Massage for a minute until kale breaks down and softens a bit. You can skip this step if you prefer a heartier, crunchier kale.
- Add avocado and strawberries.
- For dressing, add all ingredients into a high powered blender. Blend until dressing is smooth.
- Pour dressing onto salad or serve on the side.
- Salad and dressing best served chilled.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!