As a society, we are increasingly using our hands for repetitive, fine motor movements throughout the day. From texting on our phones to typing on our computers, these small repetitive movements irritate the joints in our hands and wrists.
This constant irritation usually leads to inflammation, which is the root cause of a variety of long term joint-related conditions such as carpal tunnel syndrome, arthritis and overall wrist pain. The fact that you’re reading this on a computer, laptop, tablet or phone right now means that you’re at risk of any and all of these conditions.
This is why I’m going to give you the recipe for an anti-inflammatory, joint-protective soup that is easy to make and will help reduce the damage on our joints caused by everyday tasks and habits.
Joint-Protecting Soup Health Benefits
This soup contains two joint protective ingredients: bone broth and turmeric.
Bone broth is one of the most nutritional forms of broth and has been used in cooking for centuries. It contains many minerals that can improve bone strength and are easily absorbed by the body such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, silicon, sulphur and many more.
Bone broth also contains sulfate and glucosamine. These are natural compounds that are commonly isolated and sold in supplement form to treat conditions such as inflammation, arthritis and joint pain.
Bone broth is also a rich source of collagen, which many studies have linked to improved joint health. One 24-week study found that athletes taking collagen supplements had reduced joint pain which aided them in their athletic performance. This suggests that collagen can protect joints from wear and tear and can also reduce pain caused by it.
The second component of this joint-protective soup is the famous spice turmeric. Turmeric is well known for being incredibly effective at reducing inflammation, which is one of the main causes of joint-related conditions such as carpal tunnel syndrome and arthritis. Turmeric is so effective, in fact, that it is often used medicinally to treat forms of arthritis.
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy.
Turmeric Bone Broth Recipe
If making bone broth seems like too much work for you, buying pre-made broth works just fine. However, for the sake of making food from scratch, I’m going to include making bone broth in the recipe as well.
- 4 pounds of mixed beef bones (short ribs, oxtails, knuckles, neck bones etc.)
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 carrots
- 3 stalks of celery
- 2 yellow onions
- Turmeric (amount is optional)
- Chop up all of your vegetables into large chunks (large chunks work better as small chunks tend to dissolve during the cooking process)
- Throw the bones and vegetables together into a large stock pot, and cover them in enough water so they are submerged by a few inches
- Add apple cider vinegar, this will help break down the bones faster allowing you to get more nutrients from them
- Place heat and high and bring to a boil, once it begins to boil turn the heat down to the lowest setting available
- Cover the broth and let simmer for between 12-24 hours (some people let it simmer for two days straight!)
- Check the pot occasionally, scraping off any foam that forms on the surface
- During the last 10-15 minutes of cooking, add a desired amount of turmeric to the broth to enhance it’s anti-inflammatory and joint-protecting properties
- Once it has finished cooking to your desire (the longer you let it simmer the more health benefits and flavor you will get) strain the broth into a container of your choosing
And there you have it! A joint-protecting, turmeric bone broth recipe. This soup/broth tastes delicious on its own, however it is still mild enough to be used as a base for many other classic soup recipes.
For more natural food products that will help you protect your joints, click here.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!