This article is shared with permission from our friends at PaleoHacks.
Want to make your own post-dinner vitamins? These bite-sized turmeric gummies are easy to prepare and full of health benefits!
Turmeric is a powerful health spice, full of natural antioxidants and inflammation-fighting agents. While most turmeric recipes are savory, like soups and curries, I’m going to show you how to enjoy turmeric as a sweet snack.
These healthy little gummies are very simple to make and require little hands-on time. Start by combining water, ground turmeric, and maple syrup in a pot or deep skillet, stirring well to combine the ingredients properly. Next, remove the skillet from the heat, and sift in the gelatin powder to hydrate the gelatin before returning it to the heat. Stir well, until the gelatin is fully dissolved. Pour the liquid into a deep dish, chill for at least four hours, and slice into cubes for a quick treat in-between or after meals!
Turmeric Gummies (Anti-Inflammatory, Paleo)
Recipe by: Felicia Lim
Total Time: 4 Hours 15 Minutes
Preparation time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time:4 Hours 10 Minutes
- Large pot/deep skillet
- Wooden spoon
- Ceramic baking dish or silicone molds
- 3 ½ cups water
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 6 tablespoon maple syrup
- 8 tablespoon unflavored gelatin powder
- Pinch of ground pepper
- In a large pot, combine the water, ground turmeric, and maple syrup. Heat on medium high for about 5 minutes, making sure to stir well so that the ingredients are well distributed.
- Remove the pot from the heat, and sprinkle the gelatin powder over the liquid, mixing well to hydrate the gelatin.
- Return the pot to the heat, and mix with a wooden spoon until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Pour the liquid mixture into a deep dish and cover it with plastic wrap. Chill the mixture in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, until firm.
- Once fully chilled, slice into small squares, or preferred shape, and serve.
- I used a ceramic baking dish so that the gummies could be sliced into squares, but you can easily use a silicone mold instead if you would like a special shape.
- If you prefer, you can substitute honey for the maple syrup in equal quantities.
Lose 11 pounds in 22 days?
Is it REALLY possible to lose 11 lbs. of fat in 22 days? Actually yes… BUT only when you’re a level 4 fat burner. Unfortunately, most people are stuck as level 1 fat burners. So, how do you become a level 4 fat burner to lose up to 11 lbs. in 22 days? Simply eat these foods daily: