Are you in need of something new and fresh? Dive into Summer with this tropical dessert that is both anti-inflammatory, and high in vitamin C and fiber. These no-bake fruit tarts combine one of our favorite fruits with one of our favorite spices.
Mango and turmeric are the stars of this recipe. Who can resist a juicy mango and turmeric is basically your solution to every ailment out there. Let’s hone in on how exactly they benefit us.
According to medicalnewstoday.com, “Mangoes have been named the most widely consumed fruit in the world.” If they had their own show, they’d be making more money than the Kardashians. This super sweet fruit is not only popular, it also has the following health benefits:
- Mangoes contribute to eye health and help decrease the risk of age-related macular degeneration thanks to the antioxidant zeaxanthin that is found in mangoes.
- Consuming mangoes lower your risk of developing asthma.
- Adding mangoes to your diet is an effective way to prevent and treat cancers of the breast and colon.
- The vitamin K content found in mangoes contributes to bone health.
- Mangoes are also a source of fiber, which can lower blood sugar levels and aid digestion.
It’s no surprise that turmeric is a powerful food. But the benefits of turmeric is not a recent discovery. This spice has been used for medicinal purposes for thousands of years. In addition to treating arthritis and heartburn, turmeric can benefit us in the following ways:
- Turmeric’s active compound, curcumin, is an antioxidant that can neutralize free radicals and protect our bodies from oxidative damage.
- Consuming turmeric boosts brain function and may slow the progression of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Turmeric has anti-cancer properties.
This Summer Sunshine Slice contains sweetness, spice and everything nice.
Get your Free copy of The Complete Ketogenic Diet For Beginners
Learn how you can lose weight and keep it off while eating your favourite foods like Pizza & Mac and cheese!
This recipe is shared with permission from our friends at foodmatters.com.
Summer Sunshine Slice (Nut & Dairy Free)
Summer is here! Celebrate with this simple, zesty mango and turmeric number. Free from dairy and gluten, as well as nuts (unlike most raw desserts).
Prep time: 4 – 6 hours
Cook time: None
For the base...
- 1 cup Shredded coconut
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- ½ cup Medjool dates
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
For the Turmeric Mango Mousse…
- 2 fresh mangoes, about 2 cups diced mango
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2-3 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or powder
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
For the base…
- Process all ingredients in the food processor until a crumble forms.
- Line a rectangle or square dish (approx. 6 cup capacity), load pan or silicon muffin molds (we used these).
- Spread base evenly in dish or molds and place in the freezer to set while you make your mousse.
For the mousse…
- Blend or process in the food processor the mangoes, maple syrup, lime juice, turmeric, vanilla until smooth.
Slowly pour in the coconut oil and coconut cream, blend for 10-15 secs (this will prevent mousse from splitting, you don’t want to over-process the coconut oil).
- Pour mousse filling over base and set in refrigerator overnight, or freezer for 4-6 hours.
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called
This cookbook is jampacked with 76 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel....all while you enjoy your favourite foods like pizza!!!!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!