This article is shared with permission from our friends at Young & Raw.
I’ve tried many vegan cupcake recipes but many of them ended up as failures. Finally, I found the recipe that I liked, then tweaked it little by little. After many trials and adjustments, I came up with a perfect cupcake recipe!
These cupcakes are moist, fragrant and mouth-watering! You can add any frosting you like but they’re so good by themselves that I almost never bother. However, for a special occasion, you can add this delicious cherry frosting. It may be an unusual combination but the cherries compliment the pumpkin spiced cupcakes really well!
Vegan Cupcake Recipes: Pumpkin Spiced Cupcakes With Cherry Cashew Frosting
Pumpkin Spiced Cupcakes recipe yields: 12
- 1¾ cup gluten-free flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon clove powder
- ½ teaspoon dried ginger root powder (or a few inches of fresh ginger root)
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt or Himalayan pink salt
- ½ cup cashew milk (or any other non-dairy milk)
- 1 cup pumpkin purè
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 heaping tablespoon of honey (if not vegan) or maple syrup
- 6-8 dates (soaked for 10-15 min)
- Juice of half lemon
Cherry Cashew Frosting:
- ½ cup cashews; soaked ahead for 2-3 hours and rinsed.
- ½ cup pitted dates
- ½ cup frozen cherries
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt or Himalayan pink salt
- 2-4 tablespoons of water to facilitate blending
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients.
- In a blender put all the dry ingredients except the oil. Blend well until smooth, then slowly add the oil and blend until well incorporated.
- Pour the mixture from the blender into the bowl and mix well with the dry ingredients. Stir until evenly combined.
- Divide the batter into the cups, filling each liner about ¾ full.
- Bake for 18 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake emerges clean. Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, add all the frosting ingredients (except water) to a high-speed blender or food processor, and blend until smooth and creamy, adding water as necessary to facilitate blending.
Note: If you’re using fresh ginger root, slice it thinly and then add together with the wet ingredients to be blended in the blender.
The baked goods below may not be vegan cupcake recipes, but these delicious treats are bound to make someone happy!
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
This offer is only available until December 31st, 2017. Make sure to grab your copy before the offer runs out.