These Raspberry Filled Coconut Caves are such a cute and colorful treat. What’s more, they are filled with delicious ingredients that boost your health.
Health Benefits of Raspberries
These ruby red berries aren’t just a tasty way to amp up your yogurt or oatmeal bowl. Adding raspberries to your diet also enhances your health in the following ways:
- Improves memory and delays age-related cognitive decline
- Lowers your risk of cardiovascular disease
- Potassium content in raspberries promotes heart health
- Chock-full of antioxidants that protect the body from free radical damage and prevent cancer
- Vitamin C content in raspberries contributes to eye health
- Vitamin C also contributes to skin health
Recipe for Digestive Health
In addition to the above, the combination of raspberries, coconut oil and dates makes this an ideal recipe if you’re looking to beat the bloat and promote a healthy digestion.
Furthermore, coconut oil has been found to be helpful in cleansing the colon. According to Livestrong.com:
“Coconut is a rich source of fiber and nutrition. Its oil differs from other dietary types as it is largely made up of medium chain triglycerides, or medium chain fatty acids, as opposed to long chain triglycerides. These have been proven helpful in improving nutrition absorption and eliminating parasitic infections. Coconut oil’s antimicrobial properties also prevent the overgrowth of bad bacteria and fungal infections such as candidiasis, making coconut oil a useful method for colon cleansing.”
Dates can also be a digestion-friendly food as they, too, are high in fiber. In addition, their glycemic index is much lower than that of table sugar making them a healthy choice for sweetening your food. However, they are still high in calories so they must be eaten in moderation.
Try these delicious Coconut Caves for yourself. They make for a sweet guilt-free snack that will leave you feeling better in more ways than one!
This recipe is shared with permission from our friends at jennymustard.com.
Raspberry Filled Coconut Caves
Serves: 10 pieces
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cool time: 1 hour
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 100 ml / 0.4 cup raspberries ( fresh or frozen )
- 150 ml / 0.6 cup tofraiche ( find recipe in my cookbook ), or plain organic soy yogurt (unsweetened )
- zest of 1 organic lemon
- 2-3 tsp agave or maple syrup
- 100 ml / 0.4 cup almonds
- 300 ml / 1.25 cup shredded coconut
- 100 ml / 0.4 cup dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- a splash of water, if needed
- Gently heat the coconut oil until liquid.
- Mix the ingredients for the raspberry filling until smooth. Give it a taste and sweeten it more if needed. Thicken the filling by letting it sit in a coffee filter in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Mix the almonds until grainy in a food processor or blender. Add the remaining ingredients for the coconut caves and mix until the mass holds together nicely without being too crumbly. you might need to add a tiny bit of water.
- Roll the almond mix to small balls and make an indentation with your thumb on each.
- Fill the caves with raspberry mix using a spoon, piping bag, or plastic bag with one corner cut off.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!