We tend to drink a little too much from time-to-time and we tend to pay for it the next day. We wake up with a bad headache, a terrible feeling of nausea and a super dry mouth. That’s normally about the time that we swear that we’re never going to drink again. Until the next time we do, anyway.
Yet, a hangover is really your body’s way of telling you that you’re messing with its health. Alcohol isn’t just bad for your liver, it can do some real damage to many of your organs.
Seven Types of Damage Consuming Alcohol Can Cause
1. Tummy trouble – gut bacteria thrive on alcohol.
Claim Your FREE Copy of The Easy 5-Ingredient Ketogenic Diet Cookbook Now!
2. Heart harrows – high blood pressure, an irregular heartbeat, and a weak heart can all result from regularly consuming alcohol.
3. Pancreas pain – pancreatitis is a very real possibility.
4. Cancer concerns – it increases your risk of developing a variety of different cancers including liver, breast, throat, and mouth.
5. Immune system injury – drinking regularly will weaken your immune system, making you more susceptible to catching the cold, flu, and other illnesses.
6. Busy body – because your body cannot store alcohol, it must deal with it immediately, before metabolizing anything else.
7. Liver languish – your liver takes the brunt of your alcohol consumption, as it is responsible for metabolizing and removing alcohol from your blood. As a result, abusing alcohol can lead to fatty liver which, if left untreated, can become liver fibrosis and ultimately, cirrhosis.
If you drink most days of the week, and are regularly consuming more than two ounces of alcohol, you should go see your doctor immediately.
So the next time you wake up with a headache, nausea, and dry mouth, remember that your organs are feeling that pain too. You can definitely still drink in moderation, once in a while, but anything more than that is just plain bad for you.
A quick note from our founders
Claim Your FREE Copy of
Discover 131 delicious fat-shredding keto recipes inside this special edition of this New York Times bestseller… plus more. And today we’re GIVING it away 100% FREE!