We tend to drink a little too much from time-to-time and we tend to pay for it the next day. We wake up with a bad headache, a terrible feeling of nausea and a super dry mouth. That’s normally about the time that we swear that we’re never going to drink again. Until the next time we do, anyway.
Yet, a hangover is really your body’s way of telling you that you’re messing with its health. Alcohol isn’t just bad for your liver, it can do some real damage to many of your organs.
Seven Types of Damage Consuming Alcohol Can Cause
1. Tummy trouble – gut bacteria thrive on alcohol.
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!GET YOUR FREE COOKBOOK!
2. Heart harrows – high blood pressure, an irregular heartbeat, and a weak heart can all result from regularly consuming alcohol.
3. Pancreas pain – pancreatitis is a very real possibility.
4. Cancer concerns – it increases your risk of developing a variety of different cancers including liver, breast, throat, and mouth.
5. Immune system injury – drinking regularly will weaken your immune system, making you more susceptible to catching the cold, flu, and other illnesses.
6. Busy body – because your body cannot store alcohol, it must deal with it immediately, before metabolizing anything else.
7. Liver languish – your liver takes the brunt of your alcohol consumption, as it is responsible for metabolizing and removing alcohol from your blood. As a result, abusing alcohol can lead to fatty liver which, if left untreated, can become liver fibrosis and ultimately, cirrhosis.
If you drink most days of the week, and are regularly consuming more than two ounces of alcohol, you should go see your doctor immediately.
So the next time you wake up with a headache, nausea, and dry mouth, remember that your organs are feeling that pain too. You can definitely still drink in moderation, once in a while, but anything more than that is just plain bad for you.
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!