If you are bored at waking up and seeing dull white window shades staring back at you, then you are in the right place! Below is a beautiful way you can transform your mini, white blinds in 10 easy steps to make gorgeous Roman Blinds. Yes, that’s right you can sit at home on a rainy Sunday afternoon and completely transform the way your room looks by simply changing up the blinds!
Here Is What You Will Need
- White faux wood blinds
- Thick upholstery fabric- choose any color/ pattern of your liking
- Decoupage medium (clear drying glue) and bowl
- Foam brush- for applying glue
- Tape measure
Here Is How You Will Do It
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
Watch this video for a step by step guide or read our instructions below!
- Figure out how big your blinds need to be. Grab your tape measure and quickly jot down your window’s dimensions.
- Then you’re going to want to lay your blinds down on a large surface area and cut the outer strings on both sides. These are the strings that connect the slats. Warning: do not remove the single string that runs up the length of the blinds as this is what helps move the blinds up and down!
- The slats will need to be seven 7 inches apart, divide the length of your window by 7. Any remaining slats can be easily snapped off at each end and removed from the blinds.
- Iron your fabric and then lay it on the floor. Spread out your 7 slats so that they are evenly spaced on top of the fabric.
- You’re going to want two inches of extra fabric running down the sides of your slats as well as above and below the last slats. Use scissors to cut away any extra fabric.
- The ends of the top bracket of your blinds should be able to pop out. Just remove them and then cut your fabric so that it can easily fit inside the top part of the blinds.
- Coat both the material and the top part with some glue (decoupage medium) and then wrap the fabric around the top bracket. Use clothespins to keep in place.
- Apply glue to the back of each slat (so glue and fabric are touching). As well as part of the front of the slat and surrounding fabric. You don’t need to glue the whole slat, just the ends of each one so the fabric can fold over and stay in place. Once again put clothespins on the fixed area.
- Gently roll the bottom of the fabric over and glue onto the bottom bracket of your blinds. Make sure it is glued so there is a crisp fabric line across the bottom bracket. Then place clothespins on the glued area to keep the fabric in place.
- Let dry completely then install them into your window like you would with normal mini blinds!
Note: If you are a lover of the dark and don’t like too much light coming in then you can easily cut out a piece of your fabric to put on the back of your blinds as well. It will prevent you from being blinded by that morning sunshine and make the blinds pop even more!
These blinds are super gorgeous and also add a whole new element to your room! No one will ever believe that you made them yourself.
If you have spare fabric from making your blinds then why not use it to make some adorable pillow cases to match. The video below will show you an easy, effective way to make DIY pillowcases.
Why not give your home a stunning makeover, you won’t be disappointed!
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!