The Advanced Guide to Coconut Oil: 20 Ways to Unlock its True Potential
Everyone is talking about this great superfood.
Its health benefits are literally endless. Coconut oil nutrition facts start at medium-chain triglycerides and end… well there really is no end! It’s a wonderful moisturizer, an anti-fungal and antivirus agent, and even promotes healthy digestion and weight loss.
With so many good things coming from it, why wouldn’t you want to add it to your everyday life?
We have the advanced guide to coconut oil, with 20 uncommon uses to add it to your daily health routine.
1. A spoonful of energy
Coconut oil contains medium-chain triglycerides, a saturated fat that provides energy rather than storing it away.
2. Pocket lip balm
The minerals in this miracle oil add moisture to your lips.
3. Use as shaving cream
Unlike store bought products, coconut oil is completely safe for your skin.
4. Treat fungal or yeast infections
The fatty acids found abundant in coconut oil help to disrupt the fungal membrane.
5. Only 5 tbsp a day will improve thyroid function
Be cold no more as coconut oil’s medium-chain fatty acids raise your basal body temperature.
6. Prevent or rid of stretch mark
This oil digs deep to heal your skin underneath for a beautiful finish on top.
7. Soothe or heal hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids are inflamed veins – coconut oil is a natural anti-inflammatory.
8. No more heartburn or acid reflux
Coconut oil coats your throat to soothe acid reflux in addition to promoting healthy digestion.
9. Mix with butter to top your popcorn
Coconut flavored popcorn – way better than anything from the movie theater!
10. A couple tablespoons help your immunity
Coconut oil is 50% lauric acid, an antiviral agent that fights viruses and pathogens.
11. Smooth out cracked heels
Since coconut oil it a great moisturizer, it’ll help dry, cracked heels for that pedicure feel.
12. Strengthen nails and cuticles
The nutrients in this oil help strengthen nails and cuticles. It’s also great at curing nail fungus and cuticle infection.
13. Make a non-toxic “Goo Gone” with coconut oil and baking soda
It’s oil, so it works great at getting pesky price tag stickers unstuck.
14. Homemade insect repellent with coconut oil, peppermint, lemon balm, and rosemary
Avoid DEET with this great recipe.
15. Reduces (or eliminates) migraines
Raw coconut oil improves neurological health and contains the right fatty acids to reduce migraines.
16. Cure your baby’s diaper rash
It will help soothe your baby’s bottom and the thick oil will prevent further agitation.
17. Use as a natural deodorant
This homemade deodorant soothes sensitive skin. And it smells great on your armpits!
18. Use as cooking oil
Coconut oil is known to promote weight loss, so kick out those harmful cooking oils and fatty butters and replace them with coconut oil to improve your weight and lifestyle.
19. Prevent wrinkles and sagging
Use on the delicate tissue around your eyes to prevent wrinkles.
20. Your pet loves it too!
A spoonful in your dog or cat’s food will keep their coat soft and shiny.
Latest posts by The Hearty Soul (see all)
- Do You Shop At Costco? 7 Toxic Foods That Health Experts NEVER Purchase Here - November 16, 2016
- These avocado-mint chocolate squares with coconut oil will change your life forever - November 7, 2016
- The simple trick that turns butter into superpowered anti-cancer ghee - November 7, 2016