This article is shared with permission from our friends at holisticole.com.
There’s more than one way to enjoy zucchini loafs! For another variation, watch The Hearty Soul’s nutritionist, Alina Islam, make a maple zucchini loaf from scratch.
Quitting gluten doesn’t have to mean your meals will always be boring! A surprisingly versatile ingredient can help you bring some new life to your breakfasts and snack: we’re talking aboutu zucchini.
Lemon Poppy Seed Zucchini Loaf
Claim Your FREE Copy of The Easy 5-Ingredient Ketogenic Diet Cookbook Now!
Makes 1 loaf
- 2 cups gluten-free flour mix
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
2 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 2 pasture-raised eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened nut/seed milk
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1 cup grated zucchini
For the glaze:
- 1/8 cup raw honey
- 1/8 cup coconut butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the cashew milk and apple cider vinegar, stir well and allow to sit for 5 minutes
- Combine the gluten-free flour, poppy seeds, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl
- In a separate large bowl, beat the eggs and add in the melted coconut oil and coconut sugar, whisk until evenly blended. Add the lemon juice, fermented cashew milk, and lemon zest. Blend again until evenly incorporated.
- Squeeze any excess moisture from the zucchini and fold into the wet mixture. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and blend together until well combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9×5 /10×4 loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- In the meantime prepare the glaze; melt the coconut butter and then add to a small bowl, whisk in the raw honey and lemon juice until creamy and well incorporated.
- After the loaf is baked, add the glaze to the top of the bread while still warm, allow the glaze to set before cutting and serving.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container
Note: Try pairing this with some delicious coconut butter, see pictured!
If you enjoyed that Lemon Loaf, you have to try these!
A quick note from our founders
Claim Your FREE Copy of
Discover 131 delicious fat-shredding keto recipes inside this special edition of this New York Times bestseller… plus more. And today we’re GIVING it away 100% FREE!