There’s a lot of information on the internet about the benefits of Himalayan salt. Many people don’t realize that unlike table salt, Himalayan salt contains the same 84 natural elements and minerals that are found in the human body, minerals which contribute to your overall health and vitality.
Its minerals are in an ionic state, which means that they are tiny enough for our cells to absorb easily.
Salt Therapy Isn’t New
Although it’s relatively new to the United States, salt rooms have been used for therapeutic purposes in Eastern Europe for more than 200 years. Years ago it was common practice for people with lung conditions to visit salt mines for their healing benefits. Ancient Greeks also used Halotherapy (salt therapy) for respiratory problems.
In the United States, salt therapy is becoming more widely known and appreciated with the introduction of salt rooms in spas and other wellness businesses. Salt is known for its antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-microbial properties.
While many people visit salt mines around the world to help rid themselves of respiratory ailments of all kinds including allergies, asthma, congestion, and hay fever, others flock to salt rooms popping up in cities like New York, Orlando, and London.
But you don’t have to travel far to reap the benefits of Himalayan salt. You can enjoy the health benefits by adding Himalayan salt to your diet, routine or home. Himalayan salt is available in numerous forms such as blocks, slabs, lamps, rocks, ground salt for culinary purposes, coarse salt for baths, or you can make your own Sole.
Benefits of Salt Inhalers
Modern salt inhalers combine the best of old-world and modern technology. The small Himalayan salt rocks rest at the bottom of the inhaler. When you inhale, the natural moisture in the air absorbs the salt particles into the lungs.
This will help to reduce inflammation in the lungs and can help with other conditions such as asthma, allergies, colds, congestion, hay fever and sinus congestion. Unlike traditional inhalers, this therapeutic technique offers no negative side effects.
- Salt is a natural expectorant and may help in reducing excess mucous.
- Reducing mucus, may eliminate night time coughing and post nasal drip, allowing you to sleep better.
- Himalayan salt contains 84 natural elements and minerals that are found in the human body.
- Salt inhalation therapy can reduce redness and swelling of nasal passages.
- Himalayan salt inhalers can reduce irritation and inflammation from pollutants and smoke.
- Salt is known for its antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-microbial properties. Using a salt inhaler can be used to cleanse the body of harmful organisms.
How to Use a Salt Inhaler
- Place Himalayan rocks inside your ceramic inhaler, (don’t use plastic inhalers) according to the package directions.
- Place the inhaler mouthpiece in your mouth.
- Breathe in normally through the mouth, and exhale through the nose.
- Do not add water, the inhaler is for dry therapy only.
- When you inhale with long slow deep breaths this will bring the salt ions to the lungs. Because the ions are so small they bypass the nasal filtering system we have and go directly into the lungs. The lungs then absorb the ions and bring them into the bloodstream. This will help to reduce inflammation and can also reduce pain in lungs from various conditions such as asthma, bronchitis or pneumonia.
NOTE: Following the cleaning directions on your inhaler package, and remember inhalers should not be shared, they are recommended for one person only. Each family member should have their own inhaler.
Although many people have seen immediate and drastic results within a few days, in general, the effects of using a Himalayan salt inhaler are more subtle than immediately dramatic and are usually noticed with regular and consistent use.
How to Refill Your Himalayan Salt Inhaler
If you need to refill the salt in the inhaler, simply open the round plastic stopper and empty out the used salt and refill with the fresh coarse Himalayan crystal salt. Plug the stopper back in.
Never refill your inhaler with anything other than Himalayan salt.
Where to Buy
- Himalayan Salt Inhalers are available online and in many natural health food stores.
- Click here for additional home remedies for sinusitis.
- 15 Ways To Use Himalayan Salt
- How To Tell The Difference Between Fake & Real Himalayan Salt Lamps
- Cooking With A Himalayan Salt Block
This information is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and is for information only. Always seek the advice of your physician or another qualified health provider with any questions about your medical condition and/or current medication. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking advice or treatment because of something you have read here.
Studies on Halotherapy & Speleotherapy
Surveys on therapeutic effects of “halotherapy chamber with artificial salt-mine environment” on patients with certain chronic allergenic respiratory pathologies and infectious-inflammatory pathologies.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!