Grocery shopping, one of the best and the worst things to do on a Sunday afternoon. On the plus side, you’ll have food for the week. On the downside, well… everything else.
Pushing your cart through the many aisles, you are overwhelmed by the flashy packaging and brand names. You are looking for healthy food that will sustain your body with the nutrition required to energize you, and avoiding the products that make you sick. You are noticing labels like ‘whole grain,’ ‘made with veggies,’ ‘gluten-free’… these sound healthy.
Unfortunately, since GMO products are not yet labeled, it can be difficult to distinguish what is or isn’t genetically modified.
Monsanto: Destroying Health Since 1901
Monsanto was founded by John Francis Queeny in 1901, and its debut product is the infamous chemical sweetener saccharin which was sold to Coca-Cola manufacturers. This sweet stuff caused cancer in the lab rats and promoted the risk of bladder cancer in humans as well. (1) The government, aware of the poisonous effects, tried to sue Monsanto but lost the court case, and saccharin was marketed to consumers.
After that came the carcinogenic polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) which were banned after fifty years of causing reproductive, developmental, and immune disorders. Then Monsanto created the first hybrid seed corn for detergents, cleaning products, soaps, synthetic rubbers and plastics.
Next came aspartame, even after the tested rats developed cancer before they died.
And finally, Monsanto also developed agricultural pesticides with the harmful chemical dioxin, poisoning food and water supplies. (2)
Genetically Engineered and Lethal Farming
One major detriment in growing successful crops is weeds. Bad fields mean wasted produce, so their solution was the invention of the herbicide glyphosate, or more commonly know by its marketing name Roundup. This chemical wipes out the weeds, but it kills the crops as well. As experts in creating poison, Monsanto developed a way to save their produce: genetically engineering the seeds to withstand herbicide glyphosate.
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
This causes the weeds to die and the corn, soy, cotton, canola, sugar beets, etc.and/or, all to live. This sounds great, except for the fact that although these products don’t die from Roundup, they are still saturated with this herbicide…and then we eat it. (3)
The Roundup of Health Issues
Till date scientists have discovered the following health problems from exposure to Roundup and glyphosate.
- ADHD (5)
- Alzheimer’s (6)
- Birth Defects (7)
- Autism (8)
- Cancer (9)
- Celiac Disease and Gluten Intolerance (10)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (8)
- Depression (11)
- Diabetes (4)
- Heart Disease (8)
- Leaky Gut Syndrome (8)
- Liver Disease (8)
- Multiple Sclerosis (8)
- Parkinson’s (6)
- Obesity (8)
- Reproductive Problems (4)
- Respiratory Illnesses (4)
The List of Monsanto Brands To Avoid
These brands use ingredients owned by Monsanto and are therefore prone to their genetic engineering practices and potentially the risks highlighted above: (12)
- Aunt Jemima
- Aurora Foods
- Best Foods
- Betty Crocker
- Capri Sun
- Chef Boyardee
- Coca Cola
- Delicious Brand Cookies
- Duncan Hines
- Famous Amos
- Frito Lay
- General Mills
- Green Giant
- Healthy Choice
- Hershey’s Nestle
- Hungry Jack
- Interstate Bakeries
- KC Masterpiece
- Keebler/Flowers Industries
- Kid Cuisine
- Kraft/Phillip Morris
- Lean Cuisine
- Loma Linda
- Marie Callenders
- Minute Maid
- Nature Valley
- Ocean Spray
- Orville Redenbacher
- Pasta- Roni
- Pepperidge Farms
- Pop Secret
- Post Cereals
- Power Bar Brand
- Prego Pasta Sauce
- Procter and Gamble
- Ragu Sauce
- Smart Ones
- Tombstone Pizza
- Uncle Ben’s
Join the boycott of these products for better health.
(1) Leon B. Ellwein & Samuel M. Cohen (Sept 25, 2008) http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.3109/10408449009089867
(2) E Hanzai (May 24, 2016) http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-complete-history-of-monsanto-the-worlds-most-evil-corporation/5387964
(3) EcoWatch Contributor (Jan 23, 2015) http://www.ecowatch.com/15-health-problems-linked-to-monsantos-roundup-1882002128.html
(4) Pamela J. Minka, Jack S. Mandel, Jessica I. Lundind, Bonnielin K. Sceurman (Nov 2011) http://www.ecowatch.com/15-health-problems-linked-to-monsantos-roundup-1882002128.html
(5) Keith Fluegge, Kyle Fluegge (Feb 9, 2016) http://www.pjoes.com/pdf/25.4/Pol.J.Environ.Stud.Vol.25.No.4.1489-1503.pdf
(6) Daiane Cattani, Vera Lúcia de Liz Oliveira Cavalli, Carla Elise Heinz Rieg, Juliana Tonietto Domingues, Tharine Dal-Cim, Carla Inês Tasca, Fátima Regina Mena Barreto Silva, Ariane Zamoner (Mar 1, 2014) http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0300483X14000493
(7) Dr. Mae-Wan Ho (Oct 4, 2010) http://nfuontario.ca/upload/files/userfiles/12542-lab-study-establishes-glyphosate-link-to-birth-defects.pdf
(8) Nancy L. Swanson, Andre Leu, Jon Abrahamson, Bradley Wallet (2014) http://jeffreydachmd.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Genetically-engineered-crops-glyphosate-deterioration-health-United-States-Swanson-J-Organic-Systems-2014.pdf
(9) Anneclaire J. De Roos, Aaron Blair, Jennifer A. Rusiecki, Jane A. Hoppin, Megan Svec, Mustafa Dosemeci, Dale P. Sandler and Michael C. Alavanja (Jan, 2005) http://www.jstor.org/stable/3435746?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents
(10) Anthony Samsel, Stephanie Seneff (2014-03-11) http://www.degruyter.com/view/j/intox.2013.6.issue-4/intox-2013-0026/intox-2013-0026.xml
(11) Francisco Peixoto (2005) http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0045653505004558
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!