OK, let’s face it, back pain is pretty much the worst thing in the world. It affects literally every part of your day and makes moving much more difficult.
If you’re like me and you do not like relying on medication to relieve your back pain, than you are really going to love these 7 stretches which are just as effective for back pain relief.
The stretches flow from one to the other and thoroughly stretch out every inch of your lower back. With summer chores approaching quickly I’m thankful to have a new system that works so well. Give it a try for yourself!
7 Stretches In 7 Minutes
1. Piriformis Stretch
- Cross one leg over the other so your ankle is just passed your knee and then gently pull the knee toward your head and hold for 30 seconds.
- Then switch legs.
- You should feel the stretch in your glutes, especially in the leg that is crossed over.
2. Floor Hamstrings Raise
- Lie on your back with your legs bent and your feet on the floor.
- Then raise one leg upwards and reach behind your hamstring with both hands to feel a stretch through the back of your leg.
- Hold for 30 seconds and then switch legs.
- Don’t worry if your leg isn’t straight, your flexibility will increase as you go.
3. Quadriceps Lying Down
- Lying down gives you a better angle to perform this stretch.
- Just lie on your side, grab your leg just below the ankle, and gently pull it toward your butt for 30 seconds.
- Then switch. You should feel the stretch in your quads.
4. Knees to Chest
Claim Your FREE Copy of The Easy 5-Ingredient Ketogenic Diet Cookbook Now!
- Stay on the floor and pull each knee to your chest one at a time and hold for 30 seconds.
- To avoid putting stress on your knees, put your hands behind your knee rather than on top. You should feel the stretch through your lower back and glutes.
5. Hip Flexors Stretch
- To perform this stretch get up on one knee, place both hands just above your knee and gently stretch forward for 30 seconds.
- Then switch legs.
- You should feel the stretch in through your hips and legs, Try your best to keep your back straight.
6. Spinal Stretch
- For this exercise you keep your shoulders flat on the floor while crossing one leg over the other and attempting to lower your knee toward the floor.
- You can place your opposite hand on top of your knee and ever so gently stretch it farther for 30 seconds. Then switch.
- You should feel the stretch in your lower back, especially toward the sides.
7. Total Back Stretch
- Rise to a standing position and find a table or counter about the height of your waist to hold onto. Lean forward and feel the stretch through your entire back.
- Hold for 30 seconds, then shake it out, and then repeat for another 30.
A quick note from our founders
Claim Your FREE Copy of
Discover 131 delicious fat-shredding keto recipes inside this special edition of this New York Times bestseller… plus more. And today we’re GIVING it away 100% FREE!