Like myself, I’m sure you’ve had moments where you felt you could eat an entire tub of ice cream. Then you realize your body would hate you for it, so you restrain yourself. Good thing that we’ve found an ice cream recipe your body will thank you for, and it’s tasty too!
Turmeric Coconut Ice Cream Recipe
- Cook Time: 24 hrs
- Prep time: 15 min
- Serves: 8 cups
- 14oz of coconut milk
- 7oz of coconut cream (or ½ cup of coconut yogurt)
- 1 cup of raw cashews
- 3 tablespoons raw pecans (more if you want toppings)
- ¼ cup real maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoons ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoons. cardamom
What to do
- Soak cashews in a bowl of water for a minimum of 2 hours until soggy
- While they soak, layer a pan with parchment paper allowing the ends to hang over the side and place in the freezer
- Drain cashews and add to a blender with all the other ingredients
- Blend on high until pecans and cashews are broken down, and everything is combined
- Pour the mixture into the frozen pan
- Place in the freezer overnight to harden
- Remove from the freezer, top with more pecans if desired, and serve
A couple of extra things to keep in mind for this turmeric coconut ice cream recipe – you can use an ice cream maker for this if you wish. No churning is involved as the cashews, and coconut milk makes it thick and creamy. It’ll be less creamy, but cashews and pecans can be removed.
Who knew homemade ice cream could be so simple? Don’t be hesitant the next time you reach for a late night snack, this is one you’ll feel great about during and after!