Like myself, I’m sure you’ve had moments where you felt you could eat an entire tub of ice cream. Then you realize your body would hate you for it, so you restrain yourself. Good thing that we’ve found an ice cream recipe your body will thank you for, and it’s tasty too!
Benefits of Turmeric and Coconut
Turmeric is a yellow pigmented curry spice, often used in Indian cuisine. It’s rich in antioxidants and high in anti-inflammatory properties. It also increases disease resistance, specifically to cancer.
The compound curcumin in turmeric is largely responsible for these benefits. Don’t worry about the spice taste; it’s not enough to throw off the taste of the ice cream!
Even if you’ve never been to the tropics, you’re bound to have seen a coconut. This large round, brown fruit comes from palm trees, and when opened, they contain coconut water inside a white center.
They contain a high concentration of electrolytes and antioxidants. Good for cardiovascular health because it lowers total cholesterol. It also contains antiviral, antibacterial and anticancer properties, meaning that combining the two is bound to do wonders for your health.
Golden Milk Turmeric Ice Cream
Cook Time: 24 hrs
Prep time: 15 min
Serves: 8 cups
What you need
- 14oz of coconut milk
- 7oz of coconut cream (or ½ cup of coconut yogurt)
- 1 cup of raw cashews
- 3 tablespoons raw pecans (more if you want toppings)
- ¼ cup real maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoons ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoons. cardamom
What to do
- Soak cashews in a bowl of water for a minimum of 2 hours until soggy
- While they soak, layer a pan with parchment paper allowing the ends to hang over the side and place in the freezer
- Drain cashews and add to a blender with all the other ingredients
- Blend on high until pecans and cashews are broken down, and everything is combined
- Pour the mixture into the frozen pan
- Place in the freezer overnight to harden
- Remove from the freezer, top with more pecans if desired, and serve
A couple of extra things to keep in mind are you can use an ice cream maker for this if you wish. No churning is involved as the cashews, and coconut milk makes it thick and creamy. It’ll be less creamy, but cashews and pecans can be removed.
Who knew homemade ice cream could be so simple? Don’t be hesitant the next time you reach for a late night snack, this is one you’ll feel great about during and after!
Looking for another great way of including turmeric in your diet? Try this Curcumin Extract Powder! Curcumin is a derivative of turmeric. A natural antioxidant, it has anti-inflammatory properties that benefit overall health.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!