It never gets old.
Fairfield P.D in had quite the case on their hands last month when they received several reports of inappropriate behavior going on at the Grace Richardson Conservation Area in Fairfield, Connecticut . Apparently, the 87-acre piece of vegetative land, located in the Mill River watershed, has unofficially been turned into a hotspot for public hookups. A subsequent investigation by the police revealed that the park had been advertised as a meet-up spot for raunchy activities on at least one online dating site.
On August 9, 2019, some very unlucky senior citizens were caught wilding it out in the open at the conservation area. They were arrested by the Quality of Life Unit of the Fairfield P.D and are being charged with “breach of peace” and “public indecency”.
Show of shame
According to News Times, the locals were identified as John Linartz, 62; Otto D. Williams, 62; Charles L. Ardito, 75; Daniel Dobbins, 67; Richard Butler, 82 and his wife Joyce Butler, 85 . Two years ago, Dobbins was summoned to court for a second-degree breach of peace charge after disturbed citizens found him walking naked around a public park. When the police got to the scene, he was discovered in his car with his shirt and pants draped over him in what looked like a hurried move. He had no underwear on and claimed he was naked for “medical reasons.” This is the second time (second “recorded” time) he’ll be charged to court for a sexual misdemeanor.
At this time, the charges against Richard and Joyce Butler have been dropped. However the cases against the other four men are pending in superior court .
The elders were cut loose on the promise that they would appear in court when summoned. As at the time of their release, no date had been set for their trial.
The police department has vowed to set up regular surveillance in the GR conservation area and other government properties that have been turned to hook-up sites, such as the Jefferson Street Commuter Lot.
Our newest fat-burning dessert recipe book just released and we’ve reserved a free digital copy for you! Click the button and simply let me know where you want us to email it and you’ll have it in your inbox today…Grab my free copy
While public indecency is generally not encouraged, there are some benefits of having sex in your old age
While elderly people are generally assumed to be asexual due to the biological changes that come with age, modern times have changed this supposedly inevitable reality. A 30-year-study conducted by Swedish researcher Nils Beckman shows a significant increase in the number of 70-year-olds maintaining an active sex life . The study involved over 1,500 elderly persons who were willing to offer in-depth information about their sex lives. At the end of the survey, which spanned three decades from 1971 to 2001, the results read that the sexual activity of :
- Unmarried men increased from 30% to 54%
- Unmarried women increased from 0.8% to 12%
- Married men increased from 52% to 98%
- Married women increased from 38% to 56%
According to British psychologist, Dr. David Weeks, an active sex life is a key factor in maintaining a youthful appearance and staying happier . Aside from the fact that sex is physical exercise, several biochemical reactions take place during intercourse and are essential to the overall wellbeing of the elderly. The level of endorphins in the brain is increased during sex. These hormones interact with opiate receptors in the brain to reduce the perception of pain, mimicking the action of morphine and other popular opioids . Endorphins are natural pain relievers and mood boosters mostly released after targeted physical activity, or during stress and pain.
Although sex isn’t a must-have factor for happiness, research has shown that elderly people are happier, healthier, and more mentally stable when they remain sexually active. Sex helps to maintain physical and psychological wellbeing, and it helps to reduce loneliness, a growing problem amongst the elderly .
General advantages of old-age sex include :
- Stronger muscles
- Reduced risk of heart disease, stroke, and hypertension
- Lower blood pressure
- Combats insomnia
- Stronger immune system
- Combats fatigue and joint problems
- Better mental health
- Increased lifespan
- Youthful appearance
- Promotes Companionship
- Boosts confidence in one’s golden age
- Reduced risk of depression and anxiety
- Sharper memory
Specific benefits to elderly women?
Vaginal atrophy is a common menopausal symptom that occurs when the walls of the vagina begin to thin, dry, and subsequently inflamed . This is caused by decreased levels of estrogen and sexual inactivity. Vaginal atrophy causes pain during intercourse and may lead to urinary problems.
Having sex after menopause reduces your chances of suffering from this condition. Estrogen levels are increased during intercourse and natural lubrication prevents the vaginal walls from getting too dry or losing too much of its vitality.
Older women usually suffer urinary incontinence, and continued sexual activity can help to reduce or prevent this problem. Other benefits include fewer hot flashes, relief from menstrual cramps, improved fertility, stronger pelvic muscles, and improved bladder control.
Specific benefits to men
A 2010 study published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine reports that men who ejaculate at least 5 to 7 times a week were 36 percent less likely to be diagnosed with prostate cancer . Men who ejaculate only about 2 times a week were found to be at greater risk.
Men, in particular, have been discovered to gain more heart health benefits from sexual intercourse. An increased heart rate from regular sex can reduce the chances of being diagnosed with a heart condition by 45 percent .
A 10-year-study conducted by the Planned Parenthood Federation of America reports that men who ejaculated at least two or more times a week had mortality risks reduced by 50 percent .
Sex is highly beneficial to both the young and old, and everyone is good to go as long as they are doing it INDOORS (unless thats what you’re into) with people of legal age. It fosters communication and companionship, keeping the partners healthy, happy, and youthful. However, an elderly person can still be happy, healthy, and long-lived without engaging in any sexual activity.
Sex can easily become an unhealthy addiction. Even though it is encouraged, moderation is key. Elderly people suffering from sexual addiction may be increasing their risk of early mortality. It’s best to consult with a sex therapist if you can’t control your urges. For anyone, it’s recommended that they boost their libido naturally by keeping fit and maintaining a healthy diet. Excessive use of libido boosters and performance enhancers may have adverse effects.
Keep it hot, but play it safe.
Disclaimer: This information is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and is for information only. Always seek the advice of your physician or another qualified health provider with any questions about your medical condition and/or current medication. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking advice or treatment because of something you have read here.
- Reporter. Five elderly men and an 85-year-old woman are arrested for ‘having public sex in a Connecticut woodland’ – after cops catch the amorous seniors during a crackdown on the popular hookup spot. Mail Online. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7381237/Five-elderly-men-85-year-old-woman-arrested-having-public-sex-Connecticut-park.html. Retrieved 28-08-19
- Amanda Cuda. Police: Pair of 80-somethings among six caught engaged in ‘sexual activity’ in Fairfield woods. News Times. https://www.newstimes.com/local/article/Six-arrested-in-lewd-activity-complaint-in-14363512.php. Retrieved 28-08-19
- Beckman et al. Secular trends in self-reported sexual activity and satisfaction in Swedish 70-year-olds: cross-sectional survey of four populations, 1971-2001. Semantics Scholar. https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/eb13/1f52d1e56acea1a80808cab362f23f08b77f.pdf?_ga=2.99502041.616462888.1567041253-17455950.1567041253. Retrieved 28-08-19
- Peter Crosta. Older People Are Having Sex, and Loving It. Medical News Today. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/114278.php. Retrieved 28-08-19
- Joseph Nordqvist. Sex During Old Age Makes You Look Younger. Medical News Today. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/262990.php. Retrieved 28-08-19
- Jennifer Berry. Endorphins: Effects and how to increase levels. Medical News Today. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320839.php. Retrieved 28-08-19
- Admin. Playgrounds For Seniors Improve Fitness, Reduces Loneliness. The Hearty Soul. https://theheartysoul.com/playgrounds-for-seniors-improve-fitness-reduces-loneliness/. Retrieved 28-08-19
- Pamela Rogers. The Health Benefits of Sex. Health Line. https://www.healthline.com/health/healthy-sex-health-benefits#takeaway. Retrieved 28-08-19
- Staff writer. Vaginal Atrophy. Mayo Clinic. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/vaginal-atrophy/symptoms-causes/syc-20352288. Retrieved 28-08-19
- Stuart Brody. The Relative Health Benefits of Different Sexual Activities. Wiley Online Library. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/j.1743-6109.2009.01677.x. Retrieved 28-08-19
- Hannah Nichols. Ten health benefits of sex. Medical News Today. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/316954.php. Retrieved 28-08-19
- The Health Benefits of Sexual Expression. Planned Parenthood Federation of America. https://www.plannedparenthood.org/files/3413/9611/7801/Benefits_Sex_07_07.pdf. Retrieved 28-08-19
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes