Load up on antioxidants with this easy and comforting soup, packed with vibrant green veggies and collagen-rich bone broth.
Eating your greens is easy when they’re steeped in a garlicky bone broth. This soup is full of antioxidants from fresh broccoli, asparagus, and garlic. Add to that a batch of flavorful, gut-healing bone broth, and you’ve got yourself a big bowl of comfort.
Finish this soup off with a perfect creamy drizzle of velvety, lemon-infused coconut cream, and a few sprinkles of chopped tarragon.
Don’t Rush The Veggies
An integral part of building the flavors of this soup is browning the vegetables.
First, give the onions some time over medium heat to sweeten up. You’ll know they’re ready when they’re translucent.
Next, get a golden sear on the asparagus and broccoli. Finally, cook the garlic. Your nose is your friend on this step. Once the garlic is fragrant and golden, it’s time to deglaze with the bone broth.
Be sure to grab a wooden spoon to scrape up any browned bits that may be at the bottom of the pan.
Our newest fat-burning dessert recipe book just released and we’ve reserved a free digital copy for you! Click the button and simply let me know where you want us to email it and you’ll have it in your inbox today…Grab my free copy
Helpful Tips To Get You Started:
- Pick the right broth. Thick, rich bone broth is the foundation of this soup. Not only does it add flavor and texture, but it also does wonders for your gut.
- Process the soup in batches. Overloading the food processor will only lead to a big mess and an unevenly puréed soup. Take your time and purée the soup in batches, processing each batch until it’s completely smooth.
- 6 grams of protein
- 11 grams of carbohydrates
- 12 grams of fat
Gut-Healing Garlic Asparagus Broccoli Soup
- Large stock pot
- Food processor
- Small mixing bowl
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ lb. chopped asparagus
- ½ lb. chopped broccoli
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups bone broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- In a large stockpot, warm the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until golden, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the asparagus and broccoli, and cook another 3 to 4 minutes until browned.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the bone broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Cover and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Working in batches, carefully transfer the soup to a food processor. Purée until completely smooth.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and coconut cream.
- Scoop the soup into bowls.
- Drizzle with lemon coconut cream and top with tarragon.
Shared with permission from our friends at PaleoHacks.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes