More and more Americans are adopting gluten and dairy-free diets in a bid to better their health and accommodate food intolerances. But the struggle of finding tasty treats that satisfy those requirements is all too real.
Gluten-free diets have become insanely popular over the past couple years and people often adopt this diet to ease digestive symptoms, get extra energy, and decrease inflammation (1). Unfortunately, gluten-free food doesn’t have the greatest rep and can often taste cardboard-like.
An increasing number of people are also choosing to go dairy-free in an effort to clear up their skin, improve digestion, and decrease bloating (2). This lifestyle change can be pretty difficult for the average person, especially if they have a sweet tooth.
Whether you’ve adopted these diets to better your health, ease your intolerances, or for ethical purposes, one thing’s for sure – you’ve come to the right place! Being gluten and/or dairy-free doesn’t mean you have to miss out on delicious desserts. This easy-to-make gluten and dairy-free lemon meringue cheesecake recipe proves just that!
Lemon Meringue Cheesecake
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 4 8-ounce packages of dairy-free cream cheese
- 1/3 cup dairy-free sour cream
- ¾ cup honey
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 7 egg whites
- Pinch cream of tartar
- 1 ¼ cups honey
- 1 tsp gluten-free vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and line pie tin with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine coconut oil, honey, and vanilla and beat well until thoroughly combined.
- Add coconut flour and mix on medium speed until ingredients are blended well.
- Line pie tin with dough and spread evenly.
- Beat dairy-free cream cheese and sour cream in mixing bowl until they are a smooth consistency.
- Add honey and continue to mix together until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time until they are well combined.
- Add in lemon juice and beat in with rest of mixture.
- Spread the filling over pastry base.
- Bake in preheated oven for an hour
- Cool on wire rack until cheesecake is room temperature.
- Place in refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Use an electric mixer to gradually beat egg whites together until they are foamy.
- Add cream of tartar and continue to beat until mixture stiffens.
- Add honey slowly and beat mixture on high until the meringue mixture is thick.
- Add vanilla extract and beat through mixture quickly.
- Spoon meringue onto cooled cheesecake.
- Place pie in preheated oven and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Turn off oven and allow it to cool.
- Place cooled down lemon meringue cheesecake in fridge for 1 hour.
Here are some other gluten/dairy-free recipes to give a try!
Our newest fat-burning dessert recipe book just released and we’ve reserved a free digital copy for you! Click the button and simply let me know where you want us to email it and you’ll have it in your inbox today…Grab my free copy
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes