The cannabis industry is growing, and studies are showing that this super-plant can help to cure a multitude of aches and pains, from the relief of irritable bowel syndrome to minimizing pain caused by fibromyalgia. Of course, not all users want to use smoking marijuana in order to get that relief. Fortunately, now there’s a pleasant solution that will benefit everyone: marijuana-infused chewing gum.
The active ingredient in marijuana, CBD, is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid, which means that you won’t get “high”, but you’ll still receive the pain relief from the CBD. How does it work? Peripheral nerves in the body are what detect pain sensations, and cannabinoids have been proven to block peripheral nerve pain, both chronic and acute, leaving you feeling happy and pain-free.
Axim Biotechnologies has created a chewing gum containing CBD called MedChewRx and is currently conducting medical trials. It’s set to be released in 2018. It will be the first official medical cannabis chewing gum, approved by the FDA. Soon the gum will be sold in dispensaries, so you won’t need to wait long for that sweet, sweet relief.
Marijuana has been used to treat those suffering from irritable bowel syndrome, with symptoms like chronic cramping, bloating, abdominal pain, and constipation. For them, news of this new product is life-changing, and there are many more chronic pains that can be relieved with new mint-flavored gum.
Marijuana Chewing Gum to Relieve Fibromyalgia Pain
MedChewRx is a new chewing gum made with cannabis for the treatment of chronic pain, specifically fibromyalgia. The gum contains equal amounts of both CBD and THC (the active components of marijuana), delivering 5mg of each.
The benefit to chewing the marijuana gum as opposed to inhaling or eating it is that it can digested directly in the mouth, bypassing the liver for faster relief. There are other benefits to the chewing aspect for pain sufferers, including: (1, 2)
- Neuroprotective and neurostimulatory effects on the mind
- Stress relief
- Stimulation of the cardiovascular system
- Improvement of age-related cognitive decline
Chewing marijuana gum is also more socially accepted than smoking, and allows for those with fibromyalgia to get quick pain relief almost anywhere without fear of backlash from those around them.
Claim Your FREE Copy of The Easy 5-Ingredient Ketogenic Diet Cookbook Now!
Side Effects and Problems with Marijuana Gum
Professor John Zajicek, who runs trials for the company testing of the Fibromyalgia pain relief gum, states that this is not quite a home-run just yet. There have been some side effects reported so far, though it is unclear what those are, and the medicine displays a lack of the “peak”, or a less potent high, associated with traditional forms of cannabis.
For now, more research is being done into how this can be a safe, effective delivery method for cannabis for pain relief. The goal is to provide on-the-go relief for chronic pain sufferers so that they can continue to function normally throughout their day pain-free.
Current Marijuana Options for Pain Relief
1. CBD Oil
CBD hemp oil is made from high-CBD, low-THC hemp, meaning they are non-psychoactive and won’t produce a high. It can be purchased in:(4)
- pure CBD-hemp oil form
- tinctures where they are diluted in alcohol or a natural oil base and flavored for better taste
- capsule form
- CBD topicals (salves, balms, and creams)
Knowing which is right for you depends on your type of pain and what you are using CBD oil for. Go here to learn more.
It is known that as little as 3 puffs a day of marijuana help those suffering from chronic nerve pain due to injury, surgery, and illness, allowing them to sleep better and heal faster. The effectiveness of this remedy depends on the strain of cannabis and the strength. Your best option is to talk to your doctor, who can help you determine which is best for you. (5)
If smoking really isn’t for you, you can try using Glucosamine to help protect your joints, no pun intended. As we age, the amount Glucosamine our body can produce decreases. Supplementation may be useful in promoting overall good joint health.
Marijuana-infused edibles, including cookies, brownies, candy, chocolate bars, drinks, snacks, and spreads, are a good option for those who want to use the drug for pain relief but don’t want to smoke it. Again, different strains will have varying strengths. One must also be aware that actually ingesting the marijuana delivers a much more potent high, so you need less of it. Most people don’t need a whole brownie, or even a half, to experience the effects. (6)
While this treatment method continues to be developed, we will share updates with The Hearty Soul community. Please share this exciting new cannabis delivery method with your friends and family to help spread awareness and promote this promising new treatment for fibromyalgia and other chronic pain.
(1) Marijuana Gum For Fibromyalgia Pain Relief: Would You Try This??? Dr. Morris – https://medicnewsweb.com/fibromyalgia-pain-relief-treatment/
(2) Teague, C. (2017, March 28). Revolutionary New THC-Infused Gum Will Provide Pain Relief For Patients. Retrieved August 08, 2017, from http://herb.co/2017/03/28/thc-infused-chewing-gum/
(3) Blaszczak-Boxe, A. (2016, June 01). Marijuana Use Linked to Gum Disease. Retrieved August 08, 2017, from https://www.livescience.com/54939-marijuana-use-linked-to-gum-disease.html
(4) What is CBD Hemp Oil? | Medical Marijuana Inc. (2017, April 12). Retrieved August 09, 2017, from http://www.medicalmarijuanainc.com/what-is-cbd-hemp-oil/
(5) Doheny, K. (2010, August 30). Marijuana Relieves Chronic Pain, Research Shows. Retrieved August 09, 2017, from http://www.webmd.com/pain-management/news/20100830/marijuana-relieves-chronic-pain-research-show#1
(6) Eating Cannabis Infused Edibles. (2017, March 27). Retrieved August 09, 2017, from https://www.medicaljane.com/category/cannabis-classroom/consuming-cannabis/edibles/#introduction
A quick note from our founders
Claim Your FREE Copy of
Discover 131 delicious fat-shredding keto recipes inside this special edition of this New York Times bestseller… plus more. And today we’re GIVING it away 100% FREE!