This low-carb, ketogenic-style recipe is loaded with collagen protein that helps improve your skin, hair, nails, joints, and intestinal membrane. Grass-fed beef gelatin or collagen protein is an outstanding protein source! This coconut lemon pudding recipe is a must-have for any ketoer really needing a sweet dessert.
I like to use lemon or vanilla flavored Sweet Leaf stevia to enhance those two flavors in this recipe. This is great as a breakfast meal, snack, or dessert.
Lemon Coconut Pudding Recipe
This recipe keto lemon coconut pudding recipe is a slightly modified version from my friend Megan. I toned down the lemon juice just a little bit – her version was way too tart for my tastes.
Serves: 3-5 small servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- ½ cup of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of grass-fed beef gelatin (vegan substitute: 3 tbsp agar powder or agar flakes)
- 2 cups of full-fat organic coconut milk (in a can)
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Stevia to taste
- First, Put 1/2 cup of water into a pan, sprinkle the gelatin over the water, and set aside for a few mins until it becomes soft and spongy.
- Next, put the lemon juice, coconut milk, and vanilla into a mixing bowl or mason jar.
- Next, heat the gelatin mixture on low- low heat just until dissolved and no more.
- Right when the gelatin is dissolved, remove from the heat and stir in the honey or stevia then immediately whisk into the lemon coconut mixture.
- Divide the mixture between 3-5 small glasses and chill until set.
- Enjoy your lemon coconut pudding!
You can sweeten this keto friendly lemon coconut pudding anyway you like: stevia is preferred. If you can take the carbs, raw honey will work as well. This is not like a thick greek yogurt style but rather a very ‘fluffy’ type pudding.
You may also like:
- Keto-Friendly Chocolatey Crunch Bars (No Refined Sugar, No Grains, No Dairy, No Eggs)
- Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Meatloaf That’s Keto and Paleo Friendly