This article is shared with permission from our friends at drjockers.com.
This low-carb, ketogenic-style recipe is loaded with collagen protein that helps improve your skin, hair, nails, joints and intestinal membrane. Grass-fed beef gelatin or collagen protein is an outstanding protein source for anyone looking to reduce the effects of aging, improve their beauty characteristics, strengthen their joints and heal leaky gut syndrome.
Coconut milk provides a great dose of anti-inflammatory medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) that are easily metabolized by the body and used to burn fat. Lemon juice is rich in vitamin C and citrus bioflavonoids which are classified as vitamin P.
The combination of vitamin C and vitamin P helps to improve deep capillary permeability, which brings more oxygen to the tissues of the body. This improves energy production and detoxification.
Other health benefits of lemon juice include:
- Helps prevent kidney stones. According to popsugar.com, “Drinking one half-cup of lemon juice every day raises citrate levels in the urine. Studies have shown that this could protect against calcium stones in the kidney.”
- Lemon juice can also aid with weight loss as it contains pectin, a soluble fiber that gives you the feeling of fullness and in turn curbs your appetite.
- Lemon juice helps balance your body’s pH when ingested.
- It has anti-cancer properties.
What Really Is Superfood? – Real Talk with Nadia and Alina
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
Lemon Coconut Pudding
This recipe is a slightly modified version from my friend Megan Kelly. She has an incredible blog and is a Licensed Esthetician specializing in holistic nutrition, woman’s hormones, and spiritual health.
Serves: 3-5 small servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- ½ cup of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of grass-fed beef gelatin (vegan substitute: 3 tbsp agar powder or agar flakes)
- 2 cups of full-fat organic coconut milk (in a can)
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Stevia to taste
- First, Put 1/2 cup of water into a pan, sprinkle the gelatin over the water and set aside for a few mins until it becomes soft and spongy.
- Next, put the lemon juice, coconut milk, and vanilla into a mixing bowl or mason jar.
- Next, heat the gelatin mixture on low- low heat just until dissolved and no more.
- Right when the gelatin is dissolved, remove from the heat and stir in the honey or stevia then immediately whisk into the lemon coconut mixture.
- Divide mixture between 3-5 small glasses and chill until set.
You can sweeten anyway you like: stevia, maple syrup, or raw honey.
I use this brand of gelatin because it is pastured-raised without pesticides or chemicals.
This is not like a thick greek yogurt style but rather a very ‘fluffy’ type pudding.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!