Little compares to the feeling of swimming in a cozy oversized sweater with a warm, soothing bowl of cauliflower soup. It’s creamy, comforting, delicious, and not only does it scream Autumn but it’s healthy, too!
Health Benefits of Cauliflower
Cauliflower is so full of vitamins and minerals that it should probably be a staple in everyone’s diet. In addition to being full of gut-friendly fiber, anti-cancer antioxidants, and aiding in weight loss, just one cup of raw cauliflower is incredibly nutritious. You can find: 
- Calories: 25
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Vitamin C: 77% of the RDI
- Vitamin K: 20% of the RDI
- Vitamin B6: 11% of the RDI
- Folate: 14% of the RDI
- Pantothenic acid: 7% of the RDI
- Potassium: 9% of the RDI
- Manganese: 8% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 4% of the RDI
- Phosphorus: 4% of the RDI
But eating raw cauliflower isn’t everyone’s idea of a “snack.” Sometimes you want something with more of a flavor profile. If that sounds like you, then keep reading because we have a mouth-watering cauliflower soup recipe the whole family will love!  (Plus, we’ve listed some wheat-free* and dairy-free** options below.)
How to Make Cauliflower Soup
After you’ve started boiling a medium to large pot of water and got out your saucepan, these are the ingredients you’ll need:
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 ½ cups water
- 2 teaspoons chicken or 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
* If you want to make this recipe wheat-free, simply substitute the all-purpose flour for an all-purpose gluten-free flour. Arrowroot flour is also an excellent option, but for this specific recipe you will need 1 to 1 ¼ tablespoons.
** If you want to make this recipe dairy-free, omit the butter, 2% milk, and cheddar cheese. Instead, replace the butter with 3 tablespoons of olive oil, replace the 2% with a plant milk of your choice, and replace the cheese with ½ to 1 cup of nutritional yeast depending on how “cheesy” you want it. (Remember: nutritional yeast is most similar to sharper cheeses like parmesan, so that might also determine how much you choose to use.)
Cauliflower Soup Recipe Directions
- Put the cauliflower, carrot, celery, water, and broth into the pot.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and let simmer for 15 minutes. (Do not drain.)
- In a saucepan, melt the butter on medium (to high) heat.
- Stir in the flour followed by the salt and pepper.
- Once smooth, add in milk slowly.
- Bring to a boil, stir until thickened, then reduce heat.
- Stir in cheese and optional hot pepper sauce, then pour into the cauliflower mixture.
This Food Network link also shows you how to make something creamy – like a soup! – without dairy.
More Cauliflower Recipes Hearty Soul Readers Love!
- Buffalo Cauliflower Steaks (Vegan and Gluten Free)
- Roasted Garlic Cauliflower (Anti-Inflammatory + Cancer-Fighting)
- Better-Than-Hummus Creamy Cauliflower Dip
- Delicious Turmeric-Cauliflower Soup That Fights Inflammation and Removes Excess Estrogen
- Make This Avocado Cauliflower Toast for an Easy Nutritious, Low-Carb Breakfast
 Elliott, B. (2017, April 14). The Top 8 Health Benefits of Cauliflower. Retrieved from https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/benefits-of-cauliflower
 Ohlhausen, D. (2018, January 01). Cauliflower Soup. Retrieved from https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cauliflower-soup/
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes