Imagine the excitement you would feel on the day your baby brother is being born. Not only can you not wait to meet them, but your head begins to fill with ideas about all the fun things you will do together as you get older.
Now imagine being told that your new baby brother sustained serious brain damage during the birthing process and will most likely never be able to communicate with you.
This is the news that Jade Kilduff received shortly after the birth of her brother Christian. She refused to give up on her little brother, and what the two of them have achieved is nothing short of spectacular.
A different way to communicate
Christian Kilduff was born with Non-verbal Cerebral Palsy. Jade decided to learn sign language and teach it to her brother so that they can communicate. (1)
“At first we were told he would never be able to communicate or even understand what we were saying.” Jade explained to The Daily Mail UK. “As he got older he would be frustrated because he wanted to tell us what he wanted so it would be frustrating to see him get so upset.” (1)
Since their first video the pair have become an internet sensation with people tuning in from all over the world. (1)
Fame for a good cause
The benefits of learning sign language
- Growing usage – you will be better able to communicate with others.
- Boosts the brain – bilingualism is good for the health of your brain. Learning sign language has the same brain-boosting effects:
- Higher abstract and creative thinking skills.
- Better at problem-solving.
- Greater cognitive flexibility.
- Improved listening skills.
- Higher academic achievement.
- Marketability – This is a fantastic skill for your resume and makes you stand out among other job applicants.
If children are taught sign language from a young age in school, the world will be a more open and accessible place for everyone. So why not add it to all school curricula?
If you would like to sign Jades petition, click here!
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes