There is something truly beautiful and special about mother-daughter relationships. They can share a bond so strong that nothing would or could dare tear it apart.
Unfortunately – it sounds cliché, but it’s true – children grow up fast. And time isn’t slowing down for parents either.
As they find their own paths, form new friends, start families… quality time and memorable moments spent with your kids become few and far between.
But one way to combat this growing distance is to create a mother-daughter bucket list! What’s that?
A bucket list includes all the experiences and goals you want to accomplish, in this case, as a mother-daughter duo!
The items on your bucket list can be as mundane or adventurous as you wish. But the main purpose of this is to spend time together and create new memories that will last a lifetime.
As Susan Merrill, mother and founder of Family First’s motherhood program iMOM, put it:
“Time is a vapor, it just floats away from us. I need to make moments happen with my girls, but it takes really careful planning because they are busy and living in different cities. I realized that I needed a bucket list to make sure I captured some moments with my kids.
It’s a list with no age limit and no deadline. Personalize it to fit your own interests and your girls’ ages. Just remember: It’s not about how many items you cross off, but rather that you complete them together.”
A List of Mother-Daughter Bucket List Ideas
What better way to show your daughter that you love them and value them and want to share all the wisdom you’ve pick up along the way than give her your presence?
We hope this list helps strengthen the relationship you have with your daughter and fills you both with joy.
- Create a family recipe (which could turn into a family cookbook)
- Read a book together
- See a Broadway play
- Go on a road trip
- Organize a mother-daughter photo shoot (maybe even invite grandma)
- Make and bury a time capsule
- Complete a physical challenge (e.g., a hike, marathon, or charity run)
- Compose a list of qualities she should look for in a man
- Volunteer with an organization you’re both passionate about
- Create a holiday tradition (e.g., pumpkin picking or Christmas tree hunting)
- Plant a garden with your favorite flowers
- Start a hobby together (e.g., jewelry making or pottery)
- Have a classic movie marathon
- Redecorate your daughter’s room
- Get up early to catch a sunrise
- Go out and do karaoke
- Get a free makeover at a department store
- Visit your town or city’s local museums and/or galleries
- Have a spa weekend
- Do something only your daughter has always wanted to do (and vice versa)
- Cook a surprise dinner for the men in your life
- Look at baby pictures together
Don’t let your list stop there! What makes this mother-daughter bucket list so awesome is that it’s completely customizable.
This is merely a springboard for all the things you’ve always wanted to do with your daughter – and we hope you take this and run with it.
You won’t regret it for a second!
Lose 11 pounds in 22 days?
Is it REALLY possible to lose 11 lbs. of fat in 22 days? Actually yes… BUT only when you’re a level 4 fat burner. Unfortunately, most people are stuck as level 1 fat burners. So, how do you become a level 4 fat burner to lose up to 11 lbs. in 22 days? Simply eat these foods daily:Lose up to 11 lbs. in 22 days by eating these foods daily
(upgrades you to level 4 fat burning status)