Spring has finally sprung and for a lot of people that means spring cleaning, but with such nice weather outside who wants to spend all day cleaning indoors? The kitchen is one of the most time-consuming rooms to clean, especially when it comes to the cabinets. They often take up the most space and can get dirty fast! So here are a few fast natural solutions that will get your cabinets looking brand new so that you can spend less time worrying about spring cleaning and more time with your family.
Vinegar is one of the safest and easiest home cleaners out there. Mix it with equal parts water in a spray bottle then spray and wipe away to get the dirt off of your cabinets. Let dry before polishing by putting a few drops of olive oil on a cloth and wiping in circular motions. (1)
Here is a great video by Do it on a Dime that shows you how to clean your cabinets using this method along with some other natural ways to deep clean your kitchen.
2) Baking Soda
Baking soda works wonders to clean any hidden dirt or grime. Mix two parts baking soda with one part water to create a paste that you can scrub your cabinets using a sponge. You may also want to place some paper towel or newspaper below your cabinets to catch any of the baking soda mixtures that fall off.
For more greasy stains you can use the same mixture but replace water with coconut oil! Oil doesn’t mix well with water so to get those greasy stains off your best bet is to use an oil-based cleaner. Jillee from One Good Thing shows you exactly how it works in the video below. (2)
3) Warm Soapy Water
This one is easy, fill a bowl or your sink with warm water, add a few drops of dish soap and mix to combine. Use a cloth to wipe away at your cabinets or scrub with a clean toothbrush to help get into those little nooks and crannies. However, make sure to be mindful of the brand of dish soap you’re using are some contain harmful chemicals such as Triclosan or Ammonium Sulfate. (3)
Some stains on your cabinets might be too stubborn for just scrubbing alone. For caked on goo like maple syrup or honey, hold a ziplock bag with a few ice cubes onto the grime and wait about a minute for it to harden. Then using a plastic knife or cardstock carefully scrape away the substance and use any of the methods listed above afterward to wipe away the remaining residue from your cabinets. (4)
More Quick Cleaning Tips
Spring cleaning can be annoying but with our tips and tricks it doesn’t have to be. To get more quick spring cleaning tips check out our article on hacks that can cut your cleaning time in half and here are some more natural ways to get your kitchen sparkling!
1 .DIY. (2018). How to Clean Wood Cabinets. [online] Available at: https://www.diynetwork.com/how-to/maintenance-and-repair/cleaning/how-to-clean-wood-cabinets
2. Maidbrigade.com. (2018). How To Clean Kitchen Cabinets | Maid Brigade. [online] Available at: https://www.maidbrigade.com/house-cleaning-tips/how-to-clean-kitchen-cabinets/
3. One Good Thing by Jillee. (2017). How To Clean Grimy Kitchen Cabinets With 2 Ingredients · One Good Thing by Jillee. [online] Available at: https://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/how-to-clean-grimy-kitchen-cabinets-with-2-ingredientsThe Spruce. (2017). How To Deep Clean Kitchen Cabinets: 4 Simple Steps. [online] Available at: https://www.thespruce.com/steps-to-clean-kitchen-cabinets-1900630
4. Homeguides.sfgate.com. (2017). What Everyday Items Can Be Used to Clean Wood Kitchen Cabinets?. [online] Available at: http://homeguides.sfgate.com/everyday-items-can-used-clean-wood-kitchen-cabinets-98249.html
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!